JNStampinMom

My boys are my love and stamping is my obsession!!!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Time to Get to Know ME and my FAMILY

Well, now that I've figured out how to set up my blog (and I think it's actually working), I guess I should get to blogging . . .

I'm Betsy. I am 34 and live in Jersey with my husband, Don. I have pretty much lived in Jersey my whole life, except the first 6 years of my life, and another year when I was about 24, which I lived in CA.

Donny and I have known each other since we were 13 years old. We were each others first love. Then we dated a bit in high school and went our seperate ways for college. We met up again at a party about 6 years ago, and have been together ever since. We have been married a little over 4 years (it was 4 in October).

I have 2 beautiful sons, Jake, who is 2 1/2 and Nicholas, who just turned 1 in December. We named him Nicholas because he was actually due on December 26th, and I thought Nicholas was a nice Christmasy name - as in St. Nick. Well, he came 3 weeks early, but the name stuck. Jake was just a name that I have always loved and thankfully, Donny liked it too!

My 17 year old sister, Chrissy, also lives with us. She was removed from her home by Child Services, about 3 years ago, along with my brother, Gary. They came to live with us just before Jake was born. It has not been easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. They have always been great kids, and I could not bear the thought of them going back to that place, or living in foster care.

Unfortunately, Gary was killed in a car accident in October, 2004 - right before Nicky was born. Nicky's middle name is Gary, after the uncle he never knew.
That was probably the hardest time in my life, to date, and I'm sure I will have much more to say about it in the future.

But for now, that's my family . . .

1 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger ddmchung said…

    Hi Betsy! It is Dominique. All I can say is you and Donny are incredibly strong and loving people. I am glad to have met you.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home